Eden Prairie Starcraft League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eden Prairie Starcraft League

Starcraft 2 discussion

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Actual 2v2 builds?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nam.keeheon

Actual 2v2 builds? Empty
PostSubject: Actual 2v2 builds?   Actual 2v2 builds? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:37 am

I could probably find this answer in TeamLiquid, but then it would ruin the point of having this thing. Anywhos, are there actual 2v2 strategies? I've been doing 1v1 strategies, and they work and all, but I was wondering if any 2v2 builds exist
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Actual 2v2 builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Actual 2v2 builds?   Actual 2v2 builds? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:42 am

Generally in 2v2 if you combine two 1v1 strats it works well enough,
but in 2v2, you want to combine the two strengths of the races you're playing.
So like in you're double protoss, you can just turtle and make a giant deathball.
Double zerg, you're highly mobile and can counter attack and harass like crazy.
Double terran is a very strong early game/late game race depending on what you're doing.

Though the general consensus is: Cheesing is the best way to win.
Back to top Go down
https://epscl.board-directory.net
Zephron

Zephron

Actual 2v2 builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Actual 2v2 builds?   Actual 2v2 builds? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Admin wrote:

Though the general consensus is: Cheesing is the best way to win.

Not necessarily, but it a good way to win if your opponents suck.

You'll need to tell us what race both players are since there are several completely different builds if you're TP, TT, TZ, ZZ, ZP, or PP.
Back to top Go down
nam.keeheon

Actual 2v2 builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Actual 2v2 builds?   Actual 2v2 builds? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Lets just say I was playing a TP v TZ
Back to top Go down
Zephron

Zephron

Actual 2v2 builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Actual 2v2 builds?   Actual 2v2 builds? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:18 pm

For Terran Protoss Brandon and I have done several things:

1.) a Marine Marauder +1 attack + 4gate or 3Gate Robo Timing Push
When +1 attack finishes you should have enough marines / marauders and a good protoss army with 1-2 immortals or 1 immortal and 1 obs. Then you go attack. You shift into MMM and Colossi or whatever depending on what they have.

2.) Terran Banshee harasses while Protoss 4gates with a good army to stay at home. Terran ruins their economy while you expand and out-army your opponent in the midgame.

3.) Gateway rush with 2rax early rush

Protoss makes double gateways and hurts the zerg extremely quickly chronoing out zealots until he hits like 3, and then he attacks the zerg with that and whatever the terran wants to help with as backup. This should hurt the Zerg a lot if you kill their queen / enough workers. Then you eventually kill the Zerg and make it a 2v1 which should be easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Actual 2v2 builds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Actual 2v2 builds?   Actual 2v2 builds? Empty

Back to top Go down

Actual 2v2 builds?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eden Prairie Starcraft League :: General Discussion :: 2v2 Strats-
Jump to: